Peppermint Tea Weight Loss
Peppermint tea is loved by many for its health benefits and unique flavor. Unlike the other mints, there are menthol, menthone, methyl acetate, and forty other compounds in peppermint. You can find some useful information in the following paragraphs if you are interested in knowing about peppermint tea weight loss effects, health benefits and more.
The dry peppermint leaves are used to make refreshing teas which are very satisfying, hot or cold. Many still love peppermint for its very refreshing aroma, natural taste and caffeine-free content. You don’t have to worry about added sugars or calories in peppermint tea if you want to keep close tabs on these things. In fact, drinking a hot cup of peppermint tea will keep your taste bud happy without interfering with your health and weight loss goals.
Peppermint Tea Weight Loss
This tea can help in many ways if it’s included in your weight loss diet. For one, the strong aroma of peppermint tea will help to suppress your cravings and control your appetite. You could drink some tea after dinner to satisfy your cravings for a sweet treat.
Multiple studies show that peppermint tea will calm your gastrointestinal tract to allow healthy bowel movements. This can help you to lose weight as everything will move and flow naturally in your body.
Following a peppermint tea diet will help you to keep relaxed. Heightened stress can increase your cortisol levels which can have negative effects on your metabolism when you are trying to lose weight. The soothing and calming scent of the tea can help to reduce stress and get your body back on track.
Here are some of the known benefits of drinking peppermint tea:
* This tea is a good source of Vitamin C so it can play a vital role in supporting your immune system and keeping bacteria and viruses away.
* There are also high levels of manganese in peppermint. Manganese will act as an antioxidant to target the free radicals and help in neutralizing them. It encourages the growth of proper bone structure a well.
* It is a very good decongesting agent that can aid in clearing mucus from your air passageways.
* You could drink peppermint tea for nausea if you are having problems with upset stomach.
* Peppermint tea contains high levels of an amino acid, also called tryptophan, and this play a major role in generating serotonin – a mood controlling chemical. This is why your mood will improve after a cup of peppermint tea.
* Omega-3 fatty acids are in peppermint as well. They can help to increase the good cholesterol levels in your body and promote excellent heart health.
If you want to add peppermint tea to your diet, the water quality is a very important factor to consider when making this brew. The water must be completely free of contaminants and contain enough oxygen to enhance its natural flavor. When you use pure water to make peppermint tea, you will get a clean, minty flavor that is very pleasant.