Apple tea is known to provide potassium and vitamin A. A small apple has 159 milligram of potassium and 73 IU or international units of vitamin A and you can get these nutrients from the apple tea or even the cake. Many people drink the tea today. With a pleasant, light taste, this beverage can quench thirst whilst helping to reduce fever and provide other benefits. If you are a lover of cake, you can find a recipe below to make a great tasting one with apple tea.
An Easy and Simple Apple Tea Cake Recipe
For the ingredients, you need: soft butter (125g), eggs (2), sugar (1 cup), cinnamon (1 tsp), vanilla extract (1 tbsp), milk (1 cup), self-raising flour (2 cups), sprinkling sugar (¼ cup), apples (3 peeled and thinly sliced) and dusting cinnamon.
* Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Get a tin, grease it and then flour or line it with a baking paper and put it aside.
* Use a mixer to cream the sugar and butter in a large bowl. Add one egg at a time while the motor is running. Ensure that each egg is combined well before adding the other.
* Next, add the cinnamon, vanilla and flour to mixture. Alternate with the milk until everything is combined properly.
* Pour the batter in the pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Add the sliced apple on top in a spiral pattern, sprinkle the sugar and then shake a bit of cinnamon over it. Ensure that a lot of sugar is sprinkled on top to give the cake a nice golden crust.
* This should bake for twenty-five to thirty minutes.
You can use the apples that you have at home for this recipe. Apple teacake can be enjoyed with your afternoon tea, at picnics or when entertaining.